Saturday 9 May 2009

Franz Josef Glacier


Here we are in Franz Josef, we arrived yesterday midday and decided to do the glacier hike that afternoon..it was raining but didnt matter too much (although today is absolutely perfect..oh well!). I wont say much about it as the pictures pretty much say it all :) there isnt much else to do here so we will be leaving tomorrow, probably heading to Wanika and then to Queenstown. Liz and I are both well and having a great time, New Zealand is so beautiful and there is so much to do here..the problem is trying not to spend too much money! We are trying to space out our activities so that we dont get to the end of our trip having no money and not being able to do anything. Hope you are all well and our postcards are making it back home! xxx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photographs,looks like you are both having a wonderful time.Keep well and safe and continue to enjoy yourselves.Thank you for sharing your travels I am really enjoying following your blog.

I slip in the snow said...

Oh you both look cold!!!!!
It's Summer here by the way........
x x x x enjoy x x x x

Amie Soto Blossom said...

Oh postcards
x x x

Will Williams said...

I love those glaciers, wow that must have been awesome! I think you've seen it all now (except for maybe the Temple of Doom, I haven't seen that yet on your pics). x

Rebecca said...

aww thanks for all the lovely comments :) yes it's very cold here!! i have about 5 layers on and it's still not enough. The scenary is best in winter though! Hope u got my postcard Will? I will keep an eye out for the Temple of Doom for you..

Amie Soto Blossom Vaile said...

er ex cussssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeee me..... Will Williams... I had my post card first... x x x by the way.........