Monday 9 March 2009

long train journeys

I hoped that whilst away i would have more time/inspiration for creativity but it appears not! On a long train journey from Pak Chong to Auythaya with the windows wide open and the beautiful scenery passing by i did find the time to write something i quite like though and thought i'd share it...needs a lot of work but hey this is how it came out!


I climb to the top of the highest tree, wanting the breeze to pass through me like the leaves, to bend with them and lose my rigidity.
Years pass by and I stop climbing, I look away from the flimsy branches for solid ground. Nothing can move me here, nothing to risk.
Once again I reach for the sky, missing freedom and choice, to lean with the rain and shiver amongst the snow. I hurry down, nobody must see, I am weighed down by the weight of life, the trees cannot hold me.
I am falling, falling, but i do not feel the air, i feel the pain of hurt and worry and cannot find the joy of life. Grasping around me the twigs scratch and claw, drawing blood. Where are you to save me from my earthly home? The branches are arms all around, reaching and grabbing me..
I realise you are here in the trees with me, you are the tree and i am the leaves.
We are growing together and when the wind blows you hold me tight.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Will Williams said...

Hi Becs, really liked the writing, nice to read something creative! WW

Doreen said...

Following your creativity with happy thoughts of the great time you are having - loving every item you post on here. God Bless. Take Care of Each Other.

Sparky said...

awww, so nice honey. Your full of such wonderful thoughts....xxxx